TUESDAY, March 29, 2016.
Academic Senate Meeting
Community Time (with snacks) begins at 2pm
LOCATION for Spring 2016:: 1908 Smith in the MVS Decision Making Center
Agenda Overview and Links to Materials
There are two ''Continuing Business'" items on our agenda as second reading items
The two items are from the Curriculum Committee. The first is a new Policy on Academic Minors specifying requirements and limitations of minors. The second related policy is on the Minimum Characteristics of Majors and Minors. This policy requires updating with the new Policy on Academic Minors.
There are five 'New Business' items on our agenda as a first reading items
Policy on Double Counting (Curriculum)
Resolution on Affordable Learning Initiative
Policy on Second Baccalaureate Degree (SAPP)
Policy on Reinstatement (SAPP)
Policy on Evaluation of Temporary Counselor
Teaching and Learning Innovations
Tuesday is held in the FIT studio on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
Tech Free Tuesday is a chance to join colleagues in talking about the
issues that are important to us around teaching & learning.
Due to popular demand, we are offering a second round of our Humanizing Online Learning
course. If you are interested in learning more about online learning
and learning how to increase instructor and student presence in the
online environment, this course is for you. It is a a fully online
course that runs over a two week period, April 20-May 3. Follow this link to learn more and register.
From the Director of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness
IRPE is hosting a “Data & Donuts” this spring that will focus on the Commencement Survey (date/time below), and includes student self-reported employment and other outcomes data. We are still searching for an alternate date for the BCSSE/NSSE data report.
Please share the invitation with your teams and colleagues. Light refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there!--Michael Bourgeois
Date : Friday 4/22
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Location: University Hall 1650 (the former Training Room)
Topic: Graduating Senior Survey Results & Discussion
Teaching and Learning Innovations
Missed an announcement from Division of Academic Affairs? Check out the new Faculty Opportunities Blog This blog is a collection of email announcements sent from DivisionofAcademicAffairs@csuci.edu that relate to faculty development and enrichment. We started collecting these emails and posting them in one place to help you find the emails you want, when you want them. If you lose this link, you can find the blog on the Teaching & Learning Innovations blog/toolkit under the Events calendar or the CI Faculty Development webpage.
From the Senior Research Officer
Lots of things happening this semester. Here's a list of a select few.
1. Staff from Research and Sponsored Programs continue offering workshops for faculty in the craft of grant writing. Watch the RSP web page for announcements, and RSVP for those of interest to you!
2. This semester, there will be a couple IdeaFests that will bring CI faculty and Navy employees together to talk about common interests. The first two IdeaFest themes will be "(Big) Data and Modeling" and "Unmanned Aerial Systems". If either of these topics interest you, let me know and I'll make sure you see the announcements.
3. On March 24th, CI will play host to the Navy's annual Industry Expo. Organizers are so eager to have faculty and students participate that registration for them is gratis. See http://industryexpo.cikeys.com for registration information.
4. The SAGE Student Research Conference is on Saturday, 14 May. The format will be similar to previous years, but the conference has grown so much that it's moving out of the library. Stay tuned for details, and watch for the call for abstract submissions.
5. Last semester, I met sat down with many faculty members to take a deep dive into learning about their research interests. If I missed you and you want to sit down with me, send me an email and we'll get together!
This is only a short list of things happening this semester in the grants-corner of the University. Watch the RSP web page and campus emails for other opportunities. Contact me if you have any questions or ideas for other ways we can. --Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org)